Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I love lunch


People, do yourself a favour and eat at The Estelle. You absolutely will not regret it.

Last year I went there for a friend's birthday drinks but I was pregnant and I wasn't drinking. Or eating. But I did have a very little taste of an espresso martini and a nibble on some food and it all seemed delicious. I always meant to go back, but you know how it is. Anyway, then a couple of weeks ago Russeth called me up and told me his boss had eaten there and they had a new chef who'd worked at Europe's fanciest, famousest restaurants and they did a delicious degustation menu for a very affordable price. So K, Russ and I went along for lunch on Sunday.

Who doesn't love a long lunch? A long, moderately boozy lunch is one of the best things. And the lunch at Estelle was hands down some of the best food I have ever eaten. Before the 5 course degustation even began they brought out snacks! Are you kidding?!?! I love these guys! Chickpea flour chips and some sort of sardine cracker with sour cream. Snacks plus meal. I love you Estelle.

I don't want to say too much about it. Mostly because my mouth will start watering a lot and I will feel sad I am not eating there right now. Plus last night after reading about food on the Internet I had to get out of bed to eat a piece of toast and I don't want that to happen to you guys. Perhaps you should just have a look at what we ate.


Beetroot and ashed goats cheese

Blue Eye Bakala, fennel & lemon

Celeriac velouté


Slow poached egg with polenta

Some delicious fish thing that I was too drunk on food to remember what it was. Also was in the dunny when it was brought to the table.


Rhubarb, musk and rose. One of the three deserts we ordered after eating five courses.

What? Chut up!

1 comment: