Thursday, March 17, 2016

Shameful confessions (PM)



It's a tough one, isn't it? Spending all this time reading baby names, I guess that is a pretty  judgemental way to spend your time. But at the same time if people are going to give their kids those idiotic names, how can we not judge?!

But don't worry too much, when I saw that picture of Bodhi and Keanu* this morning I thought of The River's Edge which was on TV last night and which I watched some of. That movie is about a teenager that kills his girlfriend, comes to school and tells all his friends and for the most part they just seem to feel it's a bit shit but whaddya gonna do about it? Except for Crispin Glover who seems to think it's fine. And Keanu Reeves and Ione Skye who think it's totally shit.



I mean, they were all friends with the murdered girl and they're all, like, whatevs. It seemed pretty implausible to me and I wondered how such a film could be made, even in the 80s when filmmakers wanted us to believe you could tie some strings to a dead guy for a weekend and convince his friends he was still alive. But apparently I'm missing the point and it was about familial dysfunction and, probably, an America being torn apart by the loose morals of the 80s. Or maybe communism. Who knows. It was great watching baby Keanu though.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that until you've killed your girlfriend or let you buddy get away with such a crime, you're probably doing ok.

*Recently I was at the pool and heard a mother call out to her kid Keanu, you can bet I judged the shit out of it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment