Thursday, October 29, 2015

Emojitastic (PM)

Oh no, I am going to seem like such a killjoy because I don't really use emojis very much. It's because I dislike text speak and at first emojis seemed like an extension of that. These days, they seem totally different and much more enjoyable and spazz. But I've already cast myself as a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to the way the kids communicate via text so I feel like I can't go back now.  I have to maintain my anti emoji stance. 
But I'd be lying if I said I didn't update to the new operating system as soon as I could because the new emojis meant nothing to me. That would be a lie. 
I may not use them, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy looking at them. 
Also, the women in my mothers group are all on the young side and communicate to one another through whatsapp. It is wall to wall emoji, like "baby o has a rash...any suggestions? πŸ€’πŸ˜©", then about 5 responses which look like this: πŸ€”πŸ˜°πŸ™πŸΎπŸΌ
I have no idea what they mean but I figure I need to expose myself to them so I can stay relevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment