Monday, July 6, 2015

Slightly stalkerish (PM)

Well this is timely. I came to Miss Soft Crab today after a period of trawling through instagram, mainly because today is my first day of maternity leave and I'm not sure what else to do.

Just jokes. Actually, it's because KJ sent me this photo, from Amanda Palmer's instagram:


Apparently Amanda Palmer is pregnant, and if there's one fact about pregnancy that no one warned me about, it's that all other pregnant women become extremely fascinating. And what better way to indulge this fascination than trawling through her instragram account for all pregnancy related photos. 

That fits safely into the category of following far away celebrities that have no impact on my life.
But I'm vulnerable to following folk who are within arms reach. And I've felt creepy about it. 

For example, there's this woman from Hobart who writes a blog about her life in Hobart. She mainly writes brief posts about something she has eaten, seen or thought about but she takes really nice photos and has a dog, a Springer Spaniel, who she calls Jerry Springer Spaniel. Appleheart is from Hobart and I think it's of those places where everyone knows everyone, so I've wanted to be on the DL about it, in case he knows her. I don't want to feel creepy, you know? It helps that I don't know her name and she doesn't post pictures of herself. But she had a baby recently and so naturally I started following her on instragram. 

It was all going well until a couple of weekends ago. I was scrolling through instagram and noted a photo from All Day Donuts announcing they were out of donuts for the day. Then a few scrolls later I saw a photo of a collection of those unmistakable all day donuts from this girl and I thought "oh, she's in Melbourne, and lucky she made it to all day donuts before they sold out!"

Ewwwwww! Creeepy!






No comments:

Post a Comment