Tuesday, August 14, 2012
What's wrong with this picture? (AM)
You know what you don't see around much anymore? Pinboards. The Torquay supermarket has one though. People sell cars, furniture, surfboards, wetsuits, boats, yep, they sell all kinds of things on that pinboard. They try to, anyway. I guess I just see the signs, I don't know the outcomes. Though I'd like to think I know the outcome of this here ad I saw recently.
There is so much wrong with this picture.
1. The person who put it there must have bought all three 50 Shades of Grey books. I know that they have sold about 50 zillion copies, so people other than this one have bought them, still, having been subjected to a brief, yet painful, reading from the first book I still have trouble believing it.
2. "Will not separate" HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, oh God. I effing love that so much. Will not separate!!! Like it is some antique table setting. Or a set of crystal ware. No this person can not, WILL NOT, see these books be separated. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
3. "Exc. cond." Ewwww. No one wants to know the condition of your faux porn.
4. Eeeewwwwww. Why are you selling your faux porn?!?!
5. "$20" Is advertising to the whole of Torquay the fact that you own, and are now done with, your 50 Shades of Grey trilogy worth it? Selling your dignity for twenty bucks. Get some self respect!