Monday, September 23, 2013

Home sweet home (AM)

On Saturday night I stayed over at my Mum and Dad's house after hanging out at J's place for the evening. They're both in the same neighbourhood you see, and because I was planning on going to Mum and Dad's on Sunday anyway, I figured it made sense to stay down that way. I'm glad I did because aspects of the experience are quite lovely. 
Mum made up a bed for me and put my favourite childhood toy, Care Bear, on top.
As soon as I got out of bed she had hot coffee waiting for me and had laid out a towel, a proper fluffy one, so I could have a shower when I wanted. It was well lush asa character in Gavin and Stacey might say, which I keep watching even though I don't like it all that much.
It got me to thinking. Maybe I'm too hard on those guys. Maybe they're not the pair of kooks I sometimes think they are but in fact just super great.
Of course I'm setting things up for a fall here and rightly so. 
Because while fossicking around the bathroom cabinet to find a pair of nail clippers I found this:

It's the gallstones that were removed from my mother in 1996, just sitting there next to the spare shampoo and a bottle of sunscreen. 
So gross and so unsurprising when you have a couple of kooks for parents. 
But I guess this experience has reminded  me that they are both kooks and excellent hosts. It's a combination that's ok by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment