Friday, April 3, 2020

One week down

Apologies for being three days late with this post. We've all got quite a lot going on, right?

I suspect a lot of people's ability to multitask is really being tested this week. Not mine, because as we all know I'm a unitasker and have no expectations of myself with regards to multitasking. It's good to know that about yourself. 
Appleheart took most of the week off and has been looking after kids while I get used to being back at work. 
Mostly things are the same, but now we all communicate on Teams, and no one sends emails, and it's perfectly normal to respond to messages from the CEO with an emoji. It's not just normal, it's encouraged. 
I feel about this the way I feel about young men wearing trousers without socks. Remember how all of a sudden, about 10 years ago, young gentlemen started wearing, like, stovepipe trouser with shoes and no socks, so their ankles were on display for everyone to see?
It was very surprising and for a while I would feel a little startled every time I saw an ankle but now, I'm used to it. I'm very adaptable like that. I suspect I'll soon be replying with winky faces.
Anyway, It's been a good first week. I mean, it's no sitting around watching RuPaul's Drag Race while I cuddle a sleeping baby, but we all knew that had to come to an end. 

I hope y'all have had good weeks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment