Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Thank god for autumn 💓

I see you out there autumn 


Since Miss Soft Crab went on indefinite hiatus a few things have changed. Not many, but a couple. I don't freelance anymore, I work at a university now. I mean right now I work for a uni at my house. Obvs. But a couple of weeks ago, when I was still at the uni I was taking a (very) little walk with a friend. We go get a coffee in the afternoon and weather and workloads permitting, we walk from the cafe to the library stand for a minute in the sun and return to work. We were talking about the beautiful autumn sunshine and I told her that I used to write a blog and every autumn I would end up writing a post about my love for autumn. I did not know that in a matter of weeks that blog would be resurrected and I would be able to once again be able to sing out my love for autumn in blog post form.

But here we are, on a blog in the midst of autumn. The weather has been truly beautiful.Warm days, sunshine, crisp mornings, doona-requiring nights. Everything beautiful about autumn. Occasional rain, calling for pasta and red wine. Oh, autumn. And I remember the days, just weeks ago, walking from the cafe to the library with colleagues, reveling in all of autumn's beauty. Autumn really is magnificent. But this confinement is not showing autumn in its best light (despite the beautiful light).

Sure I go outside, but not in the same random way as real life takes you outside. Not at all times of day. And only, mostly to my backyard. When I was recalling my love letters to autumn, they were soaring, and heartfelt. Can you even have soaring feelings when you are housebound? I'm yet to discover if this is possible but I'm hopeful that the answer will be yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment