Monday, April 18, 2016

Magic Mike (or the other Channing Tatum post we had to have) (PM)

I saw Magic Mike at the movies and apart from feeling uncomfortable about all the hollering that was going on in the audience (for reals) I found it to be a very enjoyable experience. For all the reasons J mentioned, and also because it's a pleasure to watch trash sometimes. Aesthetically pleasing trash. 

As for Point Break. I wish I had something positive to say about it, but I do not. I only watched about 20 minutes of it, not because I was on a long haul flight with an infant 20 minutes of focus is about all you can hope for, but because I couldn't take the stupidity of it. I would have pinched KB awake if he hadn't naturally stirred, just to stop watching it.

A quick summary of stupid things about it that I discerned from my 20 minutes of watching:
1. Jonny Utah is not just a regular guy who used to be a shit hot footballer but busted his knee and then became an FBI agent for his grown up job. No. His is a former 'ultra athlete' or some shit who's best friend dies in a motor cross accident which prompts Jonny Utah to join an accelerated FBI training program. UGH. 

2. The ex-presidents aren't just surfers, they are ULTRA ATHLETES or some shit and aren't just chasing the 100 year storm, they are trying to do all kinds of ULTRA shit all over the world. 

3. Jonny Utah's love interest has gone from this:
(Read: Cool)
To this: 

Read: not cool. 
Forget you, Point Break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment