Monday, November 4, 2013

That guy is great (AM)

Today's post was going to be about Chutney Club. Yesterday was the spring meeting and it was one of the greats. The pure simplicity of Pickle's bread and butter pickles. The pow of Biggie Little's sriracha. The delight of Miguel and Legsley's strawberry jam. To name just a few. Everything was delicious and it's sitting in jars in my pantry right now. Except for David's pork rillettes, which are in the fridge. Naturally, I was going to write all about it today. 
But as I was uploading the photos last night I thought I'd watch a little TV. The Talented Mr Ripley  was on. Remember that movie? Everyone was in it. Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Cate Blanchett. A bunch of other actors you recognise. And of course, Matt Damon.


We've referred to Matt Damon more than once or twice, quite memorably here. We've always been fairly positive about Matt Damon. But last night, as I found myself paying more attention to the film than the pictures of chutney and all the things we ate with it I realised: Matt Damon is actually really great. He's not just good. He's really great. Tom Ripley is a sociopath, but the Matt Damon in him makes me barrack for him. Makes me want him to win. Matt Damon is magic. 

I guess I had better go see that Liberace film now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment