Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Some of what I’d like to discuss

(Some enjoyable MSC fan art I discovered the other day)


It’s pretty good to be back, you guys, and I’ll tell you why. 
My Mum had a stroke a few weeks ago*. My Dad fell over on his way to Woolworths last Friday and broke a rib**. I’m going back to work on Monday and my little baby, Tugboat, is starting childcare three days a week***. Also, global pandemic. 
Fair is foul and foul is fair!
But what I really want to focus on today is whether my hair appointment will go ahead on Wednesday and I’m not sure I’d have the space to do that if it weren’t for MSC.
As J advised, I kind of went blonde for a while there between June 2018 and June 2019, but then returned to my beloved brunette before Tugboat was born because it felt wrong to birth a child while harboring blonde highlights. 
But that was nine months ago and girl, you look at my hair and you can tell. 
I walked past a salon in the new neighbourhood the other day and thought ‘that’s it, I’m making an appointment before it’s too late’. I made an appointment for Wednesday.
And though Scott, our Prime Minister who has the nerve to be named SCOTT during a national crisis, has not closed hairdressers, I kind of think it will be irresponsible of me to go. BUT I do love supporting a small business. And they only have one client at a time in the salon, and have committed through social media to maintaining the highest standards of hygiene. But social distancing! Infection control!
What am I going to do?****

*She’s doing really well, thanks for asking
**He’ll be fine in a little while, thanks for asking
***He’s been to multiple orientations and is settling in nicely, thanks for asking.
****LOL, we all know I’m going, this is just a therapeutic exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment