Friday, March 27, 2020

The COVID conflict



Mate, I'm glad your subconscious thinks I'll be happy as a blonde. I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Like K, I have received a lot of emails from business about snap sales and great new work from home outfits I could be buying. Though none so ridiculous as that Scanlon and Theodore one. I need a sequin halter top to swan around my house like I need a hole in the head.

I have really conflicting feelings about shopping. I do want to support the businesses I like, it'd suck if an SOB like COVID 19 took them down. But also, I do not need new clothes right now. I have basically been wearing the same clothes for three days straight. And the beauty of this home confinement is that all the clothes I'm not wearing while stuck inside will feel like a new wardrobe when the doors are finally open. But on the flipside, I do love stuff! I imagined that being confined to the house I'd be rolling in money. I'm not spending money on petrol or parking at work. Not spending on swimming lessons. About to get a partial refund on poor Baby's school camp that got cancelled. And yet I somehow I'm just as broke as ever.

I do very much want a new pair of pyjamas though. And I feel like that is a legit purchase. Not that I'm a person who hangs out in pyjamas. Ewww. No I get up in the morning and get dressed thank you very much. But if the only thing to mark the transition from day to night is changing from home clothes to pyjamas, then I want that transition to be pretty bloody enjoyable. Winter is coming. And I need some new flannel. And like that I'm convinced. Excuse me. I gotta do some online shopping. I mean, get back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment