1. It's Australia's third largest island after Tasmania and Melville Island.
2. Previous indigenous populations left the island due to sea level rises. Apparently.
3. Early settlers of the colony of South Australia wanted to make the capital of South Australia on KI. Others didn't, and in the end the others won.
4. It has sea lions and penguins and awesome birds of prey.
5. It is home to many Ligurian bees, also known as Italian bees. I don't know what makes an Italian bee different from a regular bee. Do they use their hands a lot when they buzz? 🐝 🇮🇹 🤷♀️