Thursday, May 12, 2016

This is not a paid advertisement (PM)

Truth be told I love Blur and by that I mean Ugg boots. And Blur.  But I'm constantly struggling with my love for shoe-free living and my love for Ugg. I didn't opt for expensive carpet and underlay just so I couldn't feel it underfoot for 6 months of the year. And yet I didn't opt for expensive Uggs just so I couldn't wear them for 12 months of the year.

I actually need a new pair of Ugg boots. Or at least new lining. Is that possible? In many ways, my Ugg boots are fine, just a little worn, but the lining in one boot is totally shot out. It's all bunched up and wackadoo and kind of gives me nightmares because they have been this way for two years and I wore them this way when I was in labour with Newbie and paced that hospital room for twelve hours, even after I thought I had no distance left to run, many of those hours were was in those boots. The day after he was born my foot was so tender from pacing on that bunched up lining that I couldn't wear those boots for days and the pain stayed with me for at least a week. And given that I had just given birth the fact the foot pain even registered is pretty remarkable.

Nevertheless I love Ugg boots and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy a new pair. But, girls & boys, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in an adult bootie. Though I don't think I'll use that phrase again because it conjures up the idea of adult diapers, which always makes me think of that astronaut lady that drove across America to kill her ex-astronut lover's lover. Or something.

Anyway, I'm out of time. Have a great weekend y'all. (I know it's Thursday, but I could use a break already.)




No comments:

Post a Comment