Friday, May 1, 2020

Hello again too



image.png

still feel a fair amount of hate for the people who are catching up on Netflix, if I'm honest. I agree with everything J says about the little pockets of time that crop up in the course of the day. They are truly delightful. In fact, today's moment of delight is likely to be  a lunchtime bath, which is a privilege afforded to me by the fact that Appleheart looks after the children on Fridays. I mean, what a great life. A lunchtime bath. Not to mention Appleheart. Not to mention children. But there's still this little fire of hate burning in my heart that I can't quite put out. Hate is too strong a word, it's more like a deeply unimpressed vibe. I think it's the fact that Mum had the stroke around the same time this started and so fear and dread are still lurking around for me, like a label that hasn't quite come off a jar. And even though Mum is doing super well (never knows what day it is, but that's OK) and Australia's Covid 19 deaths are comparatively so few, I feel deeply unimpressed with people banging on in social media about the quieter and more 'back to basics' life they're living. But that's probably just because social media brings out the worst in me. 

I'm sorry I haven't been here like I promised. Thanks to Baby for cutting me some slack but I should just be following through, dark times or not. As Justin Langer said on Barrie Cassidy's One on One the other night, if you talk excellence and deliver mediocrity, you're nothing but a common liar. 
Christ knows how I have the time for Barrie Cassidy's One on One, and why I am taking advice from someone who I thought sounded like a pretty massive d-bag and who I actually disagree with but here I go anyway. And why does Barrie Cassidy spell Barrie with an 'ie'. Isn't that weird? I'd never thought about it before but it's weird. But good on him.It's his name, he should spell it however he wants! Fuck me and my bullshit naming standards. 

As you can see, I'm kind of having some weird moods and thoughts at the moment. But I feel 100 per cent sure of my feelings about J's dinner from the Thursday post. Fucking yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment