Monday, August 1, 2016

It's true (PM)

Newbie has basically had a constant stream of snot for the last three months. When the last 2 weeks were snot free I felt a concurrent freedom. One of not having to carry tissues all the time or feel that people were repulsed by my son the same way I feel repulsed by the snot streams of other children. Snot is back though and with it the pockets full of tissues, constant hand sanitising and shame.

Baby didn't get sick when he started childcare but he was 3.5 and I guess had enough exposure to life to immunise him. Or maybe it was the other kids at childcare, they all developed their immunity young and weren't spreading disgusting germs. Who knows? What I do know is that even though I feel perfectly fine, I'd love to be sitting in an armchair under a blanket with warm feet just like Garfield. That looks the bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment