Monday, June 3, 2013

Northern Crab Life (?)

Hi you guys. 
Being on the other side of the world, facing six weeks without working, and not really being online means you never have any idea what day it is or what the time is. It's kind of great. But it means that my Crab Life suffers. I'm sorry for that. When every day feels like Sunday it's hard to recognise when an actual sunday comes around and you need to get some stuff ready for Monday's Miss Soft Crab. That's what happened to me yesterday. I was so busy wandering around the English countryside I totally missed the  opportunity to get my act together and tell you guys about it, as well as all the other jazz I've been doing. And right now I'm at the Victoria and Albert museum, using their free wifi while I wait to go in to the David Bowie exhibition, so I'm afraid I won't be able to fill in the blanks now either. 
Oh alright then, very quickly, here are a couple of things to tide you over. First, the best toasted cheese sandwich anyone has ever had, ever, in all of history. 


It was from Borough Market. Sure, it may look like all the other cheese sandwiches but it tasted like nothing I have ever tasted before, ever, in the history of my life. It was sublime. 

After eating it, I didn't really want to eat anything else so I could retain the memory of its perfection in my mouth for as long as possible. By I thought a light dinner couldn't hurt. 


That stuff on the plate is black pudding. Light. 

Yesterday I went to the countryside to go to Heston's pub, The Hinds Head, for a Sunday roast (beef, served rare with Yorkshire pudding, potatoes and horseradish cream). We had to walk along the river for a while to get there and while doing so, stumbled across this. 


It was a great day. 
Ok, David is waiting for me so I'd best be off. Thanks for be patient crab friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment