Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Where the hell am I going to put my ducks?

A couple of months ago, I moved in to my very own place.
It's tiny, but super adorable. The best part is that its all mine and I can do whatever I want with it. I can also do whatever I want in it. For example, the other night, I really felt like a sweet treat after dinner, but because I didn't have any proper sweet treats in the house, I just put a few teaspoons of golden syrup into a ramekin and ate that. I probably wouldn't have done that in my share house days, but you know, my house, my rules.

The best part of having your own place is that you can decorate it however you please. Paint stuff. Hammer stuff in walls left right and centre. You can let your imagination run wild! Of course, everyone will know that you have decorated it yourself so if it looks bad, it's all on you.  This thought has paralysed me a little since I moved in, and despite there being metres of wall space upon which to hang things, I haven't hung anything because I am worried I am going to stuff it up.

I have a bunch of really nice things to hang, too, so I really need to get over it and start hammering. The thing I most want hang are some flying ducks that Scampy, Neville and Banana gave me for my birthday a few years ago. Here they are, just sitting on a stool waiting to be hung.
I love these ducks. But I have no idea where the hell I am going to put them. On the wall at the top of the stairs?
As you can see, there is a whole lot of blank space there, begging to be gussied up. But the ducks might look a little silly amongst all that white wall. I think that I should keep that for something bigger.

Maybe I could put them on the wall above the kitchen table.
They could look quite cute there, but I was thinking it might be better to hang a bunch of other things there. I have some paintings and prints that I thought might look good all clustered together. The ducks would just get in the way.

There is also the wall near the television.
Would the ducks look cute above the television? Like they are flying past it? 

I can't decide. Also, The Bachelorette, a scene from which is displayed here on my television, is a terrible show. That's one thing I am sure of.

Anyway, if members of the Crab community have ideas about where to put the ducks, I'm all ears.

2 comments:

  1. Hi K, I was trying to find a way to hold off on starting work for just a minute or two longer and remembered that you like to blog early when it's your turn. Nice one.

    So, I have some ceramic swallows. I just placed them temporarily on my window sill. They look like they're flying against the sky. I'm so pleased with the effect I will probably leave them there. I am getting some blinds installed (by Graham!) so there may not be room. Anyway, maybe some suction cups on your window for your ducks?

    Also, I am update some directory pages on a website and in the list I was given the hot desks are called "HOT DESKS". FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should go above the TV, and position them like they're about to fly out the window?

    ReplyDelete