Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I guess I kind of like work too


Geez. You make work sound like Cleveland*!
But you're right, it can be pretty awesome. And you make some excellent points about the increased opportunities for awesomeness when you only go in to the office twice a week. I mean, it's great that full time work is financially rewarding, but it can be a total bummer sometimes. Figuring out what to wear and what to eat for lunch would be my top items under a list called Full Time Work: Total Bummer. These aren't so big of a deal when you work 2 days.

But, here are some things I would put on a list called Full Time Work: Yes Please! 
  • I get to look at all those free range people on public transport twice a day for five days. I will never ever get sick of this.
  • I get to have a coffee from the nice place every morning, where they say "Hi K!" when I walk in and I never have to tell them the coffee I want, they just know.
  • I get to giggle whenever the guy who sits a few pods along sneezes, because when he sneezes, it sounds like he is saying the name "Burt". I wish I could record that for you readers, it is hilarious.
  • You sometimes get to think things with your brain and it feels quite satisfying, like your brain has gone for a little jog.
  • You get to eat Kingstons.
  • You get to periodically eat Monte Carlos, and therefore reaffirm your position about disliking Monte Carlos. 
Heaps of other things, but it's time to start thinking about what to have for lunch, so I'd better go.

*Guys, if you don't get this, please watch more 30 Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment