Thursday, September 1, 2011

Too far, Masterchef, too far!!


So the other day I was talking to one of my favourite colleagues, Handsome Stan, and he told me something that totally blew my mind. Just so you guys can picture the scene though, let me tell you a bit about Handsome Stan. Pretty much everyone at work has a special place in their hearts for Handsome Stan. This is mainly because he is really handsome and nice and has a slight lisp. Also because he has the piercing blue eyes of a Siberian husky, smiles all the time and on a personal level, laughs at all my jokes. One time I was waiting for the lift and when the door opened, Handsome Stan was in there looking in the mirror and fixing his hair. I said "Like what you see Handsome Stan?" to which he replied "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" extremely nervously and then blushed and ran past me.
He is super adorable.
And, in particularly good form at the moment because his lady friend just had a baby. (Don't judge me guys, having a baby and being in a solid relationship does not change anything about your general level of attractiveness, and you know what it's like in the workplace!!!)
Anyway, I was chatting to Handsome Stan about his new baby the other day and he pulled out his phone to show me some photos. He scrolled through a few pictures and I nodded and smiled and said all the right things until we happened upon a picture of one of his other kids in his local football uniform, which was BRIGHT PURPLE. At this point I started laughing and said "Oh gee Handsome Stan, that is an unfortunate colour scheme. What do they call them, the Brunswick Bruises? hahaha".
"No", he said, "all the other kids call them the aubergines."
"WTF?" I asked. "Don't you mean the violet crumbles?"
"No."
"Not even eggplants?"
"No, aubergines. That's what they call them. It's because of Masterchef."
Can you believe that shit?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but purple is an EXCELLENT colour for a footy team.

    It's the only sensible choice, really.

    ReplyDelete