Monday, September 5, 2011

Maybe just go see the film

I went to see the Ayrton Senna documentary on the weekend. Do you know this film? It's about the life and times of Brazilian formula one racing champ Ayrton Senna who died tragically at the age of 34.
Let me assure you I have zero interest in formula one racing. I think cars that go really fast are really boring. But I love a good sporting documentary and I had a vague idea that perhaps Ayrton Senna was a hunk, so I went along to see it.
Before I go in to detail about just how much of a hunk Ayrton Senna was, let me quickly say that it is a very enjoyable film and you should all go and see it. I personally love stories about preternaturally gifted people who work extremely hard to achieve something, sometimes against the odds. Remember 8 Mile?! Haha, just kidding. (Not really). This film is not like 8 mile at all. But it is awesome, because Ayrton seems so awesome. In the film, his dedication to winning races seems so pure, it is impossible not to like him. So go and see it guys!
Now lets talk about what a top shelf hunk Ayrton Senna was.
First, some pictorial evidence.
As you can see, in this picture Ayrton is looking very serious. This is a look that works very well for many hunks, and is working quite well for Ayrton here. But is in fact not Ayrton's best aspect. You see, in the film, Ayrton is always smiling. He barely stops. This is something you don't see a lot of in sporting documentaries and is another reason why the Ayrton Senna film is so enjoyable - because its protagonist smiles all the time and therefore seems like such a delight. Try this on for size:
 
I just love it when hunks smile a lot. And I also love a snaggle tooth. The snaggleyness of Ayrton's tooth is not super obvious here, but it is very obvious in the film because of all the smiling. It is full of archival footage you see, and lots of it is Ayrton hanging out in Brazil smiling the heck out of it all the time.

Look guys, the more I think about this, the more I feel you should just see the film. It's a really interesting story and while Miss Soft Crab is usually more than capable of conveying hunkyness within its pages, I think in this case you should all see it for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment