Friday, September 2, 2011

Bad dreams and bootleg jeans

Mate, I think it's great that you are such a forward thinker but I do not share your desire for this dream machine. I feel sure that one of the best things about dreams is that they are hard to recall, and therefore seem kind of great. I suspect if we could recall them, we would find that most of them are mega boring. Like the one I had last night about a girl I went to high school with, who we will call Tia Paylor. I remember almost nothing of this dream about Tia Paylor, except she was wearing boot leg jeans and a black blazer. I don't see how any good can come of knowing more about this dream of bootleg jeans. Plus, don't you think that everything seems awesome when you can only dimly recall it, and less awesome when plainly visible? I mean, have you ever returned to some childhood thing that you remember being really awesome, only to discover is really lame?* Go rewatch the film Fight Club if you would like an example. It is very disappointing.

Also, if I had DreamTube technology, I would probably check it every morning before I started work, like I do with all the other things. I would probably think jesus dreamtube, why are you so boring???? and then keep checking it throughoutt the day in case anyone had posted any interesting dreams. Ok, so obviously you never said anything about dreamtube being a social media platform but come on mate, we are living Beyond 2000! That's how everything works!

So thanks but no thanks science. But more generally, it is kind of weird that you haven't invented the DreamTube. I hope you're not slacking off.

*Speak and Spell, I'm not talking about you here, I played with you the other day and you are still really awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment