Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nature, you're so fine (AM)



On the weekend K and I were lying in the park rejoicing in the sunshine and how great spring can be but although spring can be so great and we all love it, really it is just like the girl Caroline in the smash hit Outkast single, 'Roses':
..all the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short



Right?! I mean spring can be so pretty and great, but the other half either got you cursed out or too cold, wet or windy. But unlike Andre 3000 I don't want spring to be:
...speeding on the way to the club
Trying to hurry up to get to some
Baller or singer or somebody like that
And try to put on her makeup in the mirror
And crash, crash, crash.. into a ditch!


Me, I'd rather things worked out like in Mean Girls, you know, how Rachel McAdams figures out she can be pretty and nice. Spring, be more like that.

Anyway yesterday on that weird cool grey day I was wishing spring could just be more warm and sunny and springy, but then I went into my Mum's garden and I saw another thing that is really good about spring. PLANTS!

I guess there is more to spring than sunshine and warmth. Maybe spring isn't the bitch in this outfit at all. Maybe its me.

Flowery succulent!

Red succulent!



Nasturtium!


In real life this flower is practically neon!

Fern covered in adorable little green things

Adorable green things up close

Sorry I said you were like Caroline in Roses, spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment