Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Next blog revisited (AM)

Hahahahahahah. Oh, man, I wish you could be in my head right now. It's really funny up there. Actually it was funny earlier, now it's just weirded out. Because I started writing this post before my journey finished. And now I'm amending it now that the journey is finished. Whoa. I was just looking at Miss Soft Crab and thinking about food and I thought to myself, "I wonder what will happen if I press Next Blog. I wonder if it will be a food blog."



Now I see, having written the thought down it is not full of gravitas, but as I pressed the Next Blog icon it seemed to be. It seemed like a really important game of Russian Roulette. Not the real version but a lesser, yet somehow important version.

So, as I hit the icon I held my breath and then, this:




AHA! I thought. I'm on to something. What though? I hit the icon again and came across a blog about the Rains family's trip to Amsterdam. Then there was something I have to assume was an antiabortion website because I saw a picture of a foetus all glowing and shit. Although that could have just been a link to a Massive Attack film clip. Then, I swear to god, this:









Now I don't know how Next Blog works. Obviously Google are stalking every move I make so maybe they thought I wanted to see all those food blogs. Maybe that's why they kept coming at me. Or maybe Blogger just gets in a rut. I mean, Austin seemed to be disproportionately represented in the blogs I came across. But what do I know. Maybe Austin is the blog capital of the world. Maybe 8 out of every 10 blogs really does come out of Austin.

So what did I learn from all this? I learned that you sure as hell don't need me to write about food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment