Thursday, March 19, 2015

There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (PM)

Wow. Those people that went to the leprechaun parade really scored! I hear that the quality of St Paddy's day parades is really variable. An Irish guy who used to work with us, let's call him O'Doyle, emailed me yesterday to say that the parade he went to had the local scout group, some kids on horses and a couple of tractors. It's a rural area you see and I guess people just want to get it out of the way so they can get on with breaking the lenten fast.

Having said that, when I went to the Royal Balmoral Show in Belfast last year I saw some pretty incredible tractors. This one had wheels that were taller than me.
Powerful stuff. I also had a deep fried black pudding that was pretty incredible, but not something I think I will be able to do again.

I guess I don't really give much of a hoot about St Patrick's Day, but I'm glad that the Irish, those in the North and the South, get a public holiday. I mean, we have one for a horse race. I guess a guy who drove the snakes away is a good cause for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment