Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Of course there is nothing wrong with taking style cues from chocolate!

Hershey bars are really stylish, aren't they?


Handsome. No-nonsense. These are good things to be.


You know, I once saw a documentary about how the Hershey company were responsible for making all the chocolate bars for the American Army during WWII. They had scientists working around the clock to develop a formula that was inexpensive to manufacture but also heat resistant so the chocolate wouldn't melt in the pockets of the American GIs. They also had to wrap it in poisonous gas-proof wrapping. Anyway, the documentary was chocker-block (ha!) with images of handsome American GIs eating Hershey's chocolate. I didn't mind. Now, whenever I see the Hershey bar I picture WWII era American GIs. I don't mind.


But back to chocolate-as-style-inspiration. I say go for it. Make that Ritter Rum Raison happen all over your body!


I'm quite drawn to the style of Easter favourite, the Elegant Rabbit. I like how jaunty s/he is. I like how the Elegant Rabbit isn't elegant at all, and Elegant Rabbit doesn't care! Look at his/her face. Is that the face of a rabbit that gives a hoot what you think?


S/he is just doing whatever s/he wants and s/he is loving it.

I guess it's Elegant Rabbit's attitude I like, rather than style. But I associate the style with the attitude, so now I just like the whole package.

And I want to eat him/her.

2 comments:

  1. The way you describe Elegant Rabbit, s/he sounds like a honey badger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I had never heard of the honey badger before this! What awesome little freaks they are! Thanks for teaching me something today.

    ReplyDelete