Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One track mind (AM)

There was a time in my life (a time when I worked a 40-hour week in a boring job) when I thought about little else than what I was going to have for dinner that night. By 11am I would have already decided on lunch and was contemplating, probably settling on dinner. I guess you could say that I still think about food a lot, and eat a lot, and cook a lot. But I guess things have changed.

You see readers, in our late-hiatus Miss Soft Crab meeting, a really productive meeting held over butter slathered roti and Asahi, K and I decided that we would dedicate a day to food every week here. We'd talk about stuff we'd cooked, stuff we'd eaten, stuff we'd thought about cooking or eating. You know food. But shit you guys, I've been busy. I know it was only two days ago that I told you all what a relaxing break I've had. But things have changed guys, I went back to work, then I had to plan a holiday that includes going to a wedding. These are difficult and time consuming things. And right now, right now while you are reading this, well I'm in Queensland. I'm on that holiday! And there is only one thing I can think about eating.


I had actually forgotten about this until LB mentioned it the other day, but in Queensland and northern NSW you can go to fruit farms or road stops and buy chocolate-covered frozen bananas. And since LB mentioned this I have thought of little else.

We only got here last night, and so I haven't eaten one yet, but as soon as we get in the car to head south I'm stopping at the first chocolate banana stand I see.



Maybe we'll hit Wet 'N' Wild first, or a beach, see some beautiful countryside. I don't know yet. But what I do know is that I better have a banana in my hand come the end of the day.

Are they even that good? I don't know. Maybe I just like them because they speak of the tropical north and early holidays LB and I took. I don't know, I don't care, I just want me a banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment