Monday, July 14, 2014

Ski trip 2014 (PM)

Snow is beautiful and wonderful and one of the greatest things about winter. Providing you've got the right gear. There's a saying in Norway, apparently, which goes "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing". By which they mean clothing of insufficient warmth, not, like, jeggings or something. So snow, with the right gear, is a delight.

It sounds like a fun time was had by all (on the whole) and though Baby's tears are heartbreaking, they are also very very cute.


I went away this weekend too! To York. It's a very pretty town.





Buildings that look like this.


Middle class graffiti that looks like this:
















And nearby, some cliffs where hundreds of seabirds come to nest at this time of year, including Puffins. 


That's a rock covered in nesting gannets. But we saw heaps of puffins too. It was great.
And I also ate the best pork pie I've ever had.  We had it on the run as we were walking around town, only I told everyone to go ahead without me while I stopped and ate mine. After one bite, I knew it was pretty special and because I can't multitask, I didn't want to risk being anything other than 100% focused on it. God it was good.


No comments:

Post a Comment