Thursday, October 31, 2013

Good stuff (PM)

That sounds like a really great night. 
I think what was happening was that you were experiencing the benefits of endorphins mixed with the  tiredness that feels really great, while also retaining just enough presence-of-mind to make some really great decisions. Eating that cheese, then those morello cherries with ice-cream....that wasn't tiredness or endorphins. That was all you, Mate. You've only got yourself to thank. 

But while we're on the topic, let's take a moment to further celebrate endorphins. 
I was reconnected with their extreme charms just yesterday, after weeks of jogging that left me feeling a little....




I'd been doing most of my jogging at the gym on account of this bullshit spring weather, and it turns out that there is a reason that people liken extremely tedious things to being on a treadmill. I was not loving it, no sirree. 

Then yesterday morning, as I was on my way to the gym, I made a split-second decision to go for a run around the park instead, basically because I couldn't face getting on that treadmill. Also, some mornings there is a guy who engages in some very ostentatious air drumming while running on the treadmill. I was in no mood for that kind of knob-shinery. So off I went to PP and ran until I could justify stopping and then walked a little to cool down. 

Though it was Wednesday morning and the start of a shitty Melbourne spring day, I was smiling my little face off as I was walking along, post-run. Excitement, optimism, love for all (wo)mankind - I was feeling it all. 
 
So let's hear it for endorphins!


No comments:

Post a Comment