Monday, November 9, 2015

Just another manic Monday (AM)



God, The Bangles were so right. I mean technically things don't really feel that manic. I mean yes, it's 6:30 in the morning and I'd rather be asleep but instead I'm writing this. And I've already put the oven on so I can cook a loaf of bread. But I am just lying in bed as I write and I feel pretty chill so I guess it's not really that manic. And it won't be either except for the half hour when I'm trying to get babies ready to leave the house so I can get to work at a reasonable hour. So I guess the words of The Bangles don't really apply to me at all. Probably it would be better if that song was called Fucking Monday.

It's just another fucking Monday. That would apply to pretty much everyone, wouldn't it. Because it's not the mania of Monday that's a problem, is it? It's that you have to get out of bed, go to work, work for the man. That's the problem.  Even though we're lucky to have jobs and if we didn't have a job to get up and go to there'd be a whole other set of issues. Life is full of paradoxes I guess. 

Just another paradoxical Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment