Monday, November 24, 2014

It's important to have goals (AM)



I've never been a big goal setter. I'm more of a 'move in a general direction and take thugs as they come' kind of girl. I've always felt like it's good to be open to different kinds if scenarios and it's worked well for me so far. 
But when you move in a general direction rather than pursue a defined goal, there's less clarity about when you've reached your destination, and therefore less satisfaction when you get there. I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that maybe I'm missing out by not setting goals. In trying to stay open to things, maybe I'm actually missing out. Achieving a goal is rad! I want a piece of that, I decided.

So I've set myself a goal and it's a real rip snorter. I'm going to get all my Christmas shopping done before the end of November. Great idea, right? It will have the twin benefits of getting an important task that I always leave to the last minute out of the way, and because I have identifies it as a goal, I will feel great for achieving it. 
It's a win win. Now you guys try! 


No comments:

Post a Comment