Thursday, April 14, 2016

Show(tunes) time! (PM)



I'm pretty much too cool for a lot of the schmaltzy shit K is into. But not musicals. I effing love musicals! Singing in the Rain! (Introduction to Hollywood Cinema A was a really good subject.) Annie! A little while ago Grease was on TV and Russeth and I had a real moment of mutual appreciation on Instagram, cause that movie is a real good time. I loved Cats as a kid (would probably love it now). Hedwig and the Angry Inch! I FUCKING LOVE THAT! Buffy (the musical episode)! I mean from Andrew Lloyd Webber to that East German transgender wannabe rock star, I love it all! Well, I love a lot of it. Basically I guess it comes down to the fact that music, singing and dancing are three of my favourite things and pretending there's a world where those things can spontaneously appear, well, that's just about the best thing ever, isn't it?

I don't know what Mrs K has against Gene Kelly. What a drag for her that she couldn't enjoy Singing in the Rain but great she may soon have the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment