Monday, April 4, 2016

A new look (AM)

Every morning for the last week and a half I've looked at this Andy Wathol painting of Dolly Parton and wondered how I can get this aesthetic into my look for the day.


I don't want a purple face and pink hair obviously, I just want to somehow capture what I love about this picture. The colours, the abundant hair, Dolly.

When I was at the Andy Warhol and Ai Weiwei exhibition and saw this painting I was sitting down in another room and looked behind me and high on a peach coloured wall were these two pictures of Dolly. Together they were really beautiful but I guess it was this one that really captured my attention. Or do I just think that because this is the one sold in postcard form? No I'm pretty sure I loved this one the best.

Needless to say I have not yet figured out how to embody this aesthetic. I think I'd probably need to make my hair big and curly and I probably need to wear some foundation that gives me really smooth beautiful skin. Then I probably need to wear some great coloured lipstick and eye makeup. And I probably need to work these colours into my outfit. Especially that pink

I think we all know that these are things are things I would just never do, not on some regular morning where my outings will most likely involve a school drop-off, getting a coffee down the street and a grocery shop. But I can't stop looking at her and wondering if there is another way. Right now I feel like this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I won't rest until I find a lazy way to embody it. Or get distracted by something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment