Monday, February 29, 2016

The summer list (PM)

Yeah! Who doesn't love a summer list?! I know I do! Because: a) it gives me pause to reflect about things, which I don't do much; and b) it gives me some hot tips about things I should be doing.

So what have I been doing this summer? Mmmmm...

Making: Icy poles. Or as the Americans call them, popsicles. I love to make ice-cream, but who has the time!? I also love to eat it. You know who else loves to? My kids. They're freakin' coo-coo for the stuff. They love it out of a bowl, they love it on a stick. And who am I to stop them from enjoying one of life's greatest gifts. But you know, I don't want them or me to get fat or unhealthy so I basically blend up some fruit (berries! bananas! mango!) with something creamy (yoghurt! coconut milk!) and freeze it in a popsicle tray. Da bomb!

Cooking: I don't know. Not vegetti, that's for sure. I can't say I'm in a great cooking zone but I guess on the best days whatever I'm cooking includes coconut milk. Soup! Curry! Rice! Just add coconut milk. I flipping love that stuff.

Reading: I'm pretty busy during the day and tired at night so I don't read as much as I'd like to but at the moment I'm reading and really enjoying A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler. You know one night I was lying in bed thinking "I wish I could read The Accidental Tourist for the first time. I really feel like reading that." And you know Anne Tyler wrote that. And the next day I walked into the bookshop and the first book I saw was A Spool of Blue Thread and it seemed like a total sign.



Listening to: Not much, mainly if there is silence I like to enjoy it not fill it.

Thinking: About all the boring things on my to-do list that have been there for months and don't seem to be going anywhere.

Wanting: A personal assistant to complete my to-do list.

Enjoying: Not travelling to my office job in Clayton. But more specifically today the Oscars coverage on my Instagram feed.



Needing: A cleaner to complement my imaginary personal assistant.

Feeling: Fine, thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment