Friday, August 15, 2014

Thinking about summer (the next day!!)

View from the rooftop. No kidding.
 Shit you guys! I am so caught up in northern hemisphere summer that I totally forgot to update MSC until just now...Friday morning Melbourne time! I'm so sorry! Part of the problem is that last night, I went to Momofuku for dinner and was so full when I came home, I lay down for a little rest and digest and didn't wake up until 8am this morning. Then I rushed out the door because we were going to the 9/11 memorial museum, and spent the whole day there feeling a lot of feelings. Then when we got home we spent a little time on the rooftop of this apartment where we are staying,  took Fritzel the dog for a walk and it wasn't until I returned from that walk and sat down at my computer that I remembered  MSC! That's basically right now.

Fritzel
 But now that I am here I can advise that summer is great because the air is warm and the sun is shiny. And I've been on a couple of ferries, which is kind of the same as a yacht, so that's pretty great. In that respect, summer is as great as you imagine, Matey. But there's something you're forgetting, and that's how to strike the balance between being sunsmart and stylish. That shit is hard. I feel like all my sunsmart options make me look like a woman who shops at country road and works in a homewares store. That's not cool. Literally! Ha.

On the plus side, most of my time in New Orleans was spent wearing these two dresses made of jersey that I bought at H&M for $10 each. They are hella comfortable and were super cheap and are semi-stylish. Also, if you wanted access to a breast, you could get one very very easily. Win!
Not very sun smart though. So you know, dressing in summer is not all beer and skittles. But there are lots of beer and skittles in summer, so it kind of balances out.

This beer was actually consumed in New Orleans, by the old Mississippi. Still, you get the idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment