Thursday, July 18, 2013

Miss Soft Crab is bi-doona-curious (PM)


Did you know that Russeth told me the other day that Doona is actually a brand name! Who knew?!
Also, look what I just learned on Wikipedia: "The term "duvet day" is used in some countries to describe an allowance of one or more days a year when employees can simply phone in and say that they are not coming in to work, even though they have no leave booked and are not ill. The provision of this benefit became fashionable in the late 1990s with many larger companies in the UK."

Mind=blown! But my mind's approach to the bi-doona lifestyle is more complicated,
 
When K first mentioned this double doona situation in passing last week I pretty much dismissed it straight away. Ok, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't wonder about it a little, but I thought it would not be for me. You know, the faultline. How do you manage that? Weirdly, my mum who was in a different part of Europe to K but at the same, mentioned to me that they started personalising doonas in Poland where she'd never seen it before. Other parts of Europe, too.  She told me it was great, but this is a lady that's been married for about a million years, maybe she likes sticking to her side of the bed. Maybe  an arm getting cold if she slings it over her partner isn't an issue. But me, that's what I thought about. What if I want to cuddle my boyfriend. Surely I'd risk cold body parts or doubling doona coverage, making excess heat. So many potential problems. But I guess it would be a lie to say I wasn't a little bi-doona curious. I like how when it is cold sharing a doona means there is twice the body heat in there. But I guess I don't like how if your body is running at a differ temperature to your bedfellow it can cause all sorts of coverage issue. I also don't like how if you have a small child in your bed who sleeps between his parents and he seems to get hot he wants to kick all the doona off leaving the tops of his parents cold and frustrated. #justsaying

So I guess right there are a couple of issues the old bi-doona situation could solve. I don't know if I could ever really get leave a single big doona lifestyle, but I wouldn't be afraid to experiment a little. I wouldn't be ashamed of it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment