Thursday, June 13, 2013

Winter warmers (AM)


Last winter (or was it the winter before?) I remember K wanting to buy some pyjamas. I all but scoffed at her. Where the hell is the joy in pyjamas? In winter, it's tracksuit pants you want, fleecy and snug, this is where real joy comes from. I was vehement in my brain if not in my derision of her quest for jarmies. I know she found some and I know they brought her great joy. A joy I did not believe was real. Fleece track suit pants was the only way to find winter peace.

Well that is all well and good when one owns a good pair of tracksuit pants. Dare to dream, I used to say. Also, I used to own joy-bringing pants, a fleecy, warm pair. But time wearies all things of beauty, so too these pants and we had to part. Last year I was on a mission to find what I like to call BSMs, or Bella Swan maternity pants, the pants Kristen Stewart wears during Bella's entire pregnancy in Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1.


Here are Bella and Sparkleface enjoying at tender moment as they await the birth of their vampiric progeny



They are sort of fitted, yet tracksuity and I thought they would answer my tracksuit prayers. But lo, like vampires, such a pant seems not to exist outside of the realm of fantasy. I found a poor approximation but they pilled to all git out, which really negated any softness and comfort they had, and they too had to go.

This year I started my search early but my usual go to, Bonds, do not even have a fleecy tracksuit pant in their range! The best they offer  is a terry loop, and where is the joy in that! There is none. American Apparel have fleece pants but I find it difficult to part with the kind of money they want for such an unflattering item.

Guys, I've been despondent. And then, last week it hit me: flannel pyjamas. Sure I felt a traitor to myself, but once it came to me I could think of nothing else. I left work on a lunch break and returned with the most joy bringing pyjamas.


Mate, I'm sorry I scoffed at your love of pyjamas. I know happiness and I know flannel can bring it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up on the Dressy Tracksuit Pant. They are out there. But I don't see why warm PJs can't exist in the same world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I guess that's where I'm at. It's not one or the other, it's keeping an open mind that will keep us warm. My eyes are open for track suit pants too.

      Delete