Friday, November 4, 2011

What's Funny This Week

Today,  Miss Soft Crab introduces a new segment called What's Funny This Week. We don't know about you guys, but funny stuff seems to be happening all around us all the time.  In What's Funny This Week we choose just one of those funny things to share with the Miss Soft Crab community. Are you ready, everybody? Here we go.

The first What's Funny This Week comes to you from Sydney, where I have been for a work thing. I had to go to a two day workshop with folks who do the exact same job as me, but in all the other states and territories in Australia. And, New Zealand!

The organisers kept sending emails that I would describe as unnecessary.  Emails that said things like:
"It's just one month until the workshop! I hope everyone is gathering case studies and better practice examples to share with colleagues."
and:
"Only one week to go! Don't forget to bring your business cards so you can make the most of
cross-jurisdictional networking opportunities."

There was a lot of exaggerated eye-rolling at my end whenever I would get one of these emails, but secretly, I loved it. I find corporate earnestness one of the most hilarious things ever. I can't explain why, I just really love it.
The best email had an agenda for the two days of the workshop. In between the last presentation on the first day and the first presentation on the second day, the agenda read:
Late night shopping/dinner at a local restaurant/private time
Ha! (I chose private time.)

Though the stream of emails had left me expecting shit to be pretty earnest, nothing could have prepared me for this poster, which I found on the back of the toilet door.


As you can see, it is a flow chart, showing people how to go to the toilet under the heading "How hard can it be?!?!?!?!"

It's a really good thing that no one else was in the bathroom when I discovered this. Safe to say amusement could not be contained. Here is a little flow chart of my own, depicting what happened when I read it.





I think you'll agree that it is mos def what's funny this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment