Thursday, August 10, 2017

I can change

I've never been particularly cool, I think we can all attest to that.  I tend to stand well back from the cutting edge. Mostly I'm ok with that but sometimes it makes me wonder. 
The other day I was in the car, the radio was on, and the song that was playing pulled me out of my daydream. This is a great song, I thought. I wonder who these guys are, they've really got something. 
Turns out is was LCD Soundsystem, a song from 2010. I know LCD Soundsystem are a thing, but that was the first time I registered one of their songs. I don't think I can call that standing back from the cutting edge, i think that's something else. I felt bad for a minute or two. I wondered what great things I'm missing out on and how I could change to make sure I'm across stuff as it's happening, not 7 years after the fact. 

But then I downloaded some LCD Soundsystem and got to go about discovering it boy oh boy, that was really great! Does it matter it was late in the game? I'm not sure it does. Can I change? I'm not sure I can, or that I need to. I had such a great time discovering LCD Soundsystem in 2017, surely that's the whole point. The discovery and  the pleasure. Not the when of it.  
It's like Kermit says: 
why wonder why wonder?
I am green, and it'll do fine
It's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment