Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday Secret Surprise

It's Good Friday, which is bad news for Jesus but great news for everyone else. Miss Soft Crab usually enjoys a little break on a public holiday, but I sensed an opportunity that I'm going to seize. 

J will be expecting me to write a little post saying "it's a public holiday, see you on Monday. If that, as her expectations of my blog posting are probably pretty close to rock bottom.  But I'll tell you what she 100% for sure won't be expecting: a secret post where I confess something that I both want to tell her and don't want to tell her. 

Here it is. 


The other day I was at one of the fruit stalls at Preston Market and a certain song came on the radio. It was from the very early naughties, a pop song that she and I ridiculed hard and often. As I heard the first few bars I thought "Ha! They're still playing this shit!!" and got ready to snigger at it as it built up to the first chorus. 

But you know what happened? Reader, I married him. What?! That's not what I meant. What I meant is that I started to really enjoy listening to it. Not to make fun of, but because it was in and of itself pleasing me. 

How could I tell J?! I couldn't. I can't. Except like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment