Thursday, March 6, 2014

Four hours sleep is not enough (AM)


I woke up at 3:30am this morning and I didn't really get back to sleep.
I guess I'm worried about some things.
I'm leaving for Wales on 30 March, just 15 business days away. At least, I'm meant to be.
There have been some administrative issues that are impossible to describe without sounding like a see you next Tuesday, so I think I won't. The nuts and bolts of the situation are that I don't have a visa yet, I'm applying for one today and there's a good chance that it won't get processed in time. Maybe it will. But there's a good chance it won't. The internet has some pretty good information about visa processing times, it turns out, and that information tells me that I need 18 business days to get my visa processed. I've got 15.
OR possibly 16, if you include Monday which is a public holiday here, but not in Manila where they process visa applications.
Anyway, as you can see, things are pretty tight. When you add to that the fact that I'm not even sure if I'm eligible for this particular visa, you can see why I'm worried.
Still, I'm lodging the paperwork today, and by god is my application supported by some pretty comprehensive documentation. I'm doing what I can, given the circumstances.
The best case scenario is that the visa gets approved and my passport returned to my in time to fly to Wales on the 30th. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't, I kiss Appleheart goodbye as he flies off and move in with my parents while I wait for my passport to be returned, sans visa because it hasn't been approved, and then live with my parents for the next six months.
But the worse case scenario won't happen, right? Right?
Wish me luck you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment