Monday, March 17, 2014

A box of Miss Soft Crab assorted (AM)

Today I thought I would cover off on a few of the things Miss Soft Crab is famous for in one single, easy to use post. Because sometimes there's so much stuff to eat and see and think about that it's hard to pick a favourite. Other times one has a little bit to say about a few things, but is light on detail on all those things. I'll leave it to you to decide what kind of day it is today.


First, hunks.
The Chutney Club met yesterday and we had a lovely day as usual. There were two figgy jams, a cheesy spread, a nutty/seedy mix, some pickled plums and I just brought chocolate for everyone because I couldn't get it together to make something.  At one point, the conversation turned from food to hunks. Pickle commented on how much she liked Leonardo di Caprio. We all nodded and murmured  in agreement. We talked about him for a little bit, how he's a real bona fide movie star and his appeal is not waning as the years go by. This conversation felt like it lasted for a about 30 seconds but at some point, J got up and left the room and when she came back she said "what are we talking about? Are we still on Leonardo?". We were still on Leonardo. A bunch of grown women in their thirties talking about Leonardo like it was 1996.






The conversation only really ended when someone commented that it was very sad Jonny Depp had left Vanessa Paradis and we all nodded and murmured in agreement.





Ok, now lets talk about clothes.

I want to dress like all of these people in pictures that I found on The Sartorialist.





The above picture is from a post called 'Big grey sleeves under everything' which I think is overstating it. It seems to me like big grey sleeves under coats. On two people.


This photo was from a post about turtlenecks, which have always been dear to my heart.

Clearly there's a bit of a theme going on, which is about being warm and comfortable. The only problem is that while these people look stylish and 'fashion forward', I'm pretty sure that if I dressed like this I would look like I was 'letting myself go'.

I'm not saying I won't do it, just that I guess I have to pick my moments. And my audience.
Ok, that's all for now. Bye you guys. See you in the PM.


1 comment:

  1. http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/on-the-street-tenth-ave-new-york-6/

    ReplyDelete