Monday, August 19, 2013

Three days, one rollercoaster (PM)

A few things that went through my mind while reading this morning's post. I'll spare you the extremely boring bits and just share the moderately boring ones.

First:

Mondonna's answer to J's admiration of her nails was 'Get polish?'. And J was impressed by that? J has heaps of polish. She 'gets' polish on a fundamental level.  Oh, oh I see. It actually says GEL polish. That makes more sense.

Then, in response to that photo:

J has such lovely hands. What a lovely nailpolish colour. So right for winter. 
Then, after gazing at my hands:
Stupid peasant hands. You are the hands of a woman who comes from a long line of potato gleaners. Why can't you be more like your crabsister J's mitts?

Then, when it transpired that Chickpea joined J at Tips and Toes:

What a magical night! That would have been taking place while I was watching At World's End, the shittest movie ever at a cinema in Manly on Friday night. I was wishing the world would end while those guys' lives were just beginning, sort of. 

Then, when I saw the photo of the chipped nails:

Oh, poor J. I must tell her that I know some people who, after a few manicures,  choose their favourite colour and buy a bottle. They take the bottle with them to Tips and Toes or wherever and then can patch up if needs be. It's smart thinking. I must tell J about that. 

And this is me telling J about that.
The dream is NOT over.
It's just a modified one where you either can't try heaps of new colours when you get a fortnightly manicure, or you can't do house renos in the days after.
But apart from those restrictions the dream is very much alive.








No comments:

Post a Comment