Thursday, December 11, 2014

Down time (AM)


Who feels totally strung out and like things are busier than ever and like they desperately need some down time??!!
Yeah, me too. 
I feel a little hesitant to say that because
a) things can always get busier
b) unlike J, I don't have two small children to look after, and I'm pretty sure I don't know busyness until I know that situation. 
Side note: the other day I was talking to my Mum and saying how full on it seems for people with two children, and I asked her how she managed with three. She said she didn't know. She said sometimes she thinks about how for about a decade, she worked four days, looked after three kids (which includes cooking every meal and washing every thread of clothing etc. etc. etc.) and saw her Mother for a quick visit every day and she has no clue, absolutely no clue, how she managed it. I did not feel comforted by these words 
Right now, I'm longing for a little down time. I fantasise about having a couple of days where I don't have to do anything or be anywhere. I would sleep in and then go get a coffee and maybe make shortbread. Or better still, just eat a shortbread. Mmmm. I guess all that stuff is pretty achievable. I just need to limp towards the Christmas break and it's going to be all down, all the time. In a good way. 

PS: I find that photo of the welsh lamb very soothing


No comments:

Post a Comment